Following our post showing video of Kent Police in action, here’s ten top tips from West Midlands Police that will keep Kent home and business owners safe.
- Lock your windows before you go out and keep doors locked
- Don’t leave keys on view and within reach of windows or doors
- Use good quality door locks – rim and mortice preferably
- Lock valuables away in a safe
- Use timer switches for lights and false tvs to give the impression you are in
- Use an Alarm, it will make a burglar think twice
- Mark your property with UV or DNA marker fluid
- Lock outdoor equipment away – padlock the shed but also padlock expensive machinery to something solid within that shed
- Plant harsh spiky plants along garden fences
- Lock up your ladders – don’t give burglar a way in
Remember, anything that forces the burglar to take more time, make more noise or look more conspicuous is worth doing!
Protect your home with a reliable alarm from Spy Alarms
Intruders will attack the unprotected. At Spy Alarms, our intruder alarms are proven to protect your home and ensure you’re up to 80% safer. Be seen, be secure and be protected with an intruder alarm from Spy Alarms. For a FREE site survey, please get in touch with us today.