According to the UK Crime Statistics website, Kent Police reported a shocking 2057 burglaries in January (1153) and February (904) 2015.
Not a good start to the year!
Frightening facts for Kent homeowners
Kent Police cover areas such as Ashford, Gravesend and Gillingham. Take a look at some stats for this area during the last part of 2014.
The stats show there’s a high chance of being a victim of crime and, whilst the 904 in February is an improvement, there are still far too many burglaries in Kent.
So how can we protect ourselves and our homes?
Protecting your home and valuables
Luckily, there are a number of weapons to draw in the battle against these frightening facts.
1. Learn the mindset of a burglar. By thinking like a thief, you can adjust your home and surroundings to make things harder for any opportunist!
- Which rooms would they target and why?
- How long would it take a burglar to break in and steal your possessions?
- Learn common tricks thieves use to target homeowners
2. Deter burglars from targeting your property. If your home looks unsecured to a burglar, it’s the equivalent of leaving your window wide open! Consider protecting yourself with an alarm or domestic CCTV system.
- Homes without an alarm system are 3 times more likely to be burgled.
- Discover the guidelines behind domestic CCTV systems.
- Most convicted burglars (90%) said they want to avoid homes that are fitted with a burglar alarm.
3. Secure your home from burglars. Being more aware of your home security in general will help to prevent any nasty disasters.
- Build an anti-theft fortress with our burglary prevention tips from a Criminologist
- Be aware of the placement of your house keys and remember to shut all windows and doors before leaving the house.
Refuse to be a victim of burglary with a free security survey
With a free home security survey from Spy Alarms, our expert engineers can identify the vulnerable areas of your home. Tailored advice will be given about which equipment can keep your home secure.
For your free home security survey, please get in touch with our London or Kent team today.