Kent Fire Service are reminding businesses that there will be strike action in the county.
They have compiled a list of potential fire prevention advice for business premises.
Fire safety legislation requires you to take account of fire risks and consider preventative measures on a daily basis.
However, during periods of industrial dispute, fire prevention is even more important.
Fire Prevention Advice for Kent businesses includes:
- Review your fire risk assessment and ensure that anything highlighted previously has been implemented.
- Could you improve your fire safety routines?
- Industrial premises should ensure that all potentially flammable products are locked away to avoid the risk of arson.
- Check the security and deterrents of your site. Is external lighting adequate and any CCTV functioning correctly?
- Always store flammable liquids in approved containers that are suitable for the product and keep the volume stored on site to a minimum.
- Check storage procedures for pressurised gas bottles
- Look at end of day procedures for ‘hot works’ areas
- Work with neighbouring businesses to reduce the risks of fire to each other
- Ensure that all fire alarms are tested and working correctly.
- Check that escape routes are not impeded. Also that employees and visitors know where to go in the event of a fire.
- Fire extinguishers and other fire fighting equipment should be serviced regularly.
- Just as importantly, the people responsible for fire safety must be familiar with where they are located and how to use them on small fires.
Specialists in fire protection
At Spy Alarms, we are experts in fire protection and have been for the last 3 decades. Our technical knowledge, ability to meet deadlines and professionalism are just a few reasons why we have been recommended by thousands of people. For a FREE site survey, please get in touch with our team today.